Who doesn’t enjoy burgers? However, we also know it isn’t healthy to consume burgers daily or even weekly. Enter the turkey burgers! Turkey burgers make a delicious and nutritious meal for dinner or lunch with feeling guilty of having too much red meat. To make the burger more enjoyable, you can create it with a CBD bacon jam. You can even infuse the turkey with CBD oil if you prefer.
Check out this delicious Turkey Burger with CBD-Infused Bacon Jam recipe!
Prep Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 2 hours and 45 mins
Cook Time: 2 hours
For Turkey Burgers:
- Ground Turkey – 1 lb
- Egg – 1
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Bread crumbs – 2 tbsp
- Seasoning salt – 1 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – ½ tsp
For CBD Bacon Jam:
- Bacon – 1 lb
- Sweet onion – 1
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Brown sugar – ¼ cup
- Balsamic vinegar – ¼ cup
- fabuleaf full-spectrum CBD oil – 10mg (1 full dropper from a 300mg bottle)
- Tomato slices
- Cucumber slices
- Onion rings
- Cheese slices
Making CBD Bacon Jam:
- Start by slicing the onions and preheating the oven to 400˚F.
- Take a saucepan and melt the butter. Toss in the sliced onions and let them cook on low heat for an hour or until they become creamy and golden brown.
- Take a baking sheet, grease it, and lay out bacon strips on it.
- Put it in the oven to cook for about 15 minutes or until the strips become crispy.
- After the onions become caramelized, add in the CBD oil, balsamic vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Next, transfer the onion mixture in a food processor and add in the bacon.
- Process until the desired consistency is achieved.
Making Turkey Burgers:
- Take a large bowl and put the ground turkey in it. Add in the spices, bread crumbs, and eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Depending on the size of the patty you prefer, take the mixture in your hand and start rolling it to form a ball. Flatten it into shape. You can use a spatula to flatten it further if you prefer a thinner patty in your burger.
- Put all the patties on a platter and put it in the fridge for about 15 minutes to two hours.
- Before serving, fire up an electric grill or use a skillet for cooking the patties.
Assembling the Burgers:
- Use fresh or toasted buns, apply the CBD bacon jam and place the hot patty, immediately followed by the cheese slice, to let it melt a little.
- Add in the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and onion slices or whatever you prefer.
- You can add more CBD bacon jam on the top bun.
- Serve with fries or mashed potatoes.
You can also replace the buns with lettuce wraps if you prefer.