Want to make this weekend special or looking for a good chicken recipe for Thanksgiving? This hearty CBD roasted chicken with chili is certainly worth a try. The chili can be stuffed into the chicken or eaten as a side dish. Infuse the chili with CBD oil, and it is perfect for a cozy, intimate, and relaxing dinner.
Try this easy roasted CBD chicken recipe and you are surely going to wow your family and friends!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins
Serving: 6 to 7
- Rotisserie chicken – 1
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- fabuleaf full-spectrum CBD oil – 20mg/2 full droppers from a 300mg bottle
- Potatoes – 4 to 5 (diced)
- Kale or Cabbage – 4 cups (chopped)
- Kidney beans – 2 lbs
- Green chili – 5 oz (chopped)
- Garlic – 2 tbsp
- Garlic head – 1 large (halved)
- Onion – 1 cup (diced)
- Cayenne pepper – 1 tsp
- Dried oregano – 1 tsp
- Pepper and salt – to taste
- Chicken stock – 3 cups
- Lemon – 1 (halved)
- Thyme – 1 bunch
- Set the oven to preheat at 350°F.
- Take a medium saucepan, and heat up oil.
- Add in garlic and butter. Cook until golden brown.
- In a stock pot, add in chicken stock, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, onion, garlic, green chili, kidney beans, kale/cabbage, and potatoes.
- Put it on medium-low heat, cover it, and let it simmer for about thirty minutes or until it achieves your desired thickness. Be sure to stir a few times thoroughly in between.
- Once it is done, add in the CBD oil and mix it well.
- Let the chili cool for a few minutes. In the meantime, thoroughly add in pepper and salt inside the chicken.
- Add in the garlic head, lemon halves, and thyme inside the cavity. Add in the chili mixture in the cavity.
- Brush melted butter on the outside of the chicken and sprinkle pepper and salt on top.
- Next, use a string to tie up the legs.
- Put the chicken on a roasting pan and place it in the oven and let it cook for one and a half hours or until its juices run clear when you cut.
- Remove from the oven and cover with aluminum foil. Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice or other sides. Enjoy!
The best thing about this recipe is that you have room to experiment. You can either stuff the chili inside the cavity or use it as a side. You can also substitute chicken with turkey. The chili can be served with tofu or other meat as well.